I’ve been thinking, talking, somewhat even dreaming about starting a running blog for years. Thanks to a little extra push from real-life friends, online friends, and especially my husband, I’m finally making it a reality!
The Local Elite is a place where I will blog about my journey as a local elite runner. People have different ideas of what it means to be a “local elite”. Here are some of the things it means to me:
- I know I will never be the best of the best, but I train day after day, and sacrifice a lot to see what I might accomplish. I test my limits!
- I place in the top few at local races and run as many local races as possible.
- I dream of qualifying for the Olympic Trials!
- I want to run big races and hope to break into one of the top American spots.
- I have a regular life/interests/job other than running.
- I am not afraid to have children because I think it will hurt my running career.
- I obsess over little details about my running life even though it may only get me seconds faster.
This is my blog! Hope you enjoy!