It’s the last day of 2012, and I really couldn’t let the day pass without doing a little RUNdown of my year.
I ran a few reports in my online running log, which I use in addition to my Believe I Am training journal. Here are some stats:
In 2012 I ran 2,436 miles. That’s about 6.3 miles a day. In comparison, I ran 2,983 miles in 2011. That’s about 7.2 miles a day.
In 2012 I ran 17 races, distances/times as follows:
- 2.1 miler: 1, pushing a stroller, 13:15
- 5k: 9, times ranging from 17:07 to 18:13
- 6k: 1, first XC race in over 10 years! Unsure of time.
- 5 miler: 2, 28:19 and 29:07
- 15k: 1, 56:52, got bad blisters from hole in sock.
- 13.1 miles: 2, 1:21:09 and 1:22:18
- 26.2 miles: 2:54:47, crazy weather, favorite race of year
- Thanks to generous family, friends, and even paid babysitters, my husband was able to run 10 of the 17 races I ran. For the record, he is faster and always beats me – no hand holding finishes!
- Our daughter (who will be 3 in February 2013) ran her first race, which was less than 100 meters long, in June. Then she ran a half-mile race a few weeks ago.
- Both of my brothers raced at the Columbus half/full marathon with me.
- My younger brother raced at California International Marathon with me.
Other cool running stuff:
- I was able to meet up with so many of my Oiselle teammates at the Track & Field Olympic Trials this year! I got tickets to watch the Trials for 2 of the days. Also, #totallytrials happened. Need I remind you? Ok! Here are a few pics straight from Oiselle’s FB page and a fuzzy pic of my own!
- I was able to meet more of my fellow birds in Seattle this summer, and at California International Marathon!
- I met Frank Shorter this summer!
- I’ve been able to meet so many new runners through this blog, twitter, and other social media channels. I love the running community!
Thanks for sharing this year with me! Cheers to our miles in 2013!